FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
What does bofb mean?
Bofb means “best of both”. It stands for our collection, both modern design- as classic jewelry, combined with incredible contemporary watches, and it stands for who we are: Johan Boot, a high end classic jeweler, and his partner Bertie Hamers, a goldsmith and modern jewelry designer.
I have a question, but I can’t find the answer to it on this page. What is the best way to contact you?
I’d like to visit your store, where is it located?
Our store is located in the center of Amsterdam, at Rokin 116m.
How can I stay informed on your activities?
We keep everyone up to date through our Instagram and our Facebook, page, and new items in our collection always make their debut in our newsletter. uren deze ongeveer 5x per jaar, en je kan je hier inschrijven.
We always want you to be happy with your purchase. If there is any reason you would like to return your order, please contact us for more information.
Can I bring my old jewelry to your store?
Sometimes, an old piece of jewelry has to much emotional value to part with it, but at the same time, is never worn. Here at bofb we would love to sit down and go over the possibilities of making a new design with enough place for old memories. Repair, restore, or even recycle; an old piece can be fitted into one of our existing design (like in our double dome ring) or even in a new piece. Want to visit our store with your old jewelry? Please call or mail us to make an appointment. We look forward to seeing you in our store in Amsterdam.
If I order a piece as a gift, how can I be sure about the size?
If your order is a surprise, it is always wise to bring a similar piece of jewelry from the recipient to our store. We make our pieces to size, and with something that the wearer already owns, we can make an accurate estimation for the correct size.
If for whatever reason, it is not possible for you to bring a piece, or if the gift turns out to be a bit to small or to large: Don't panic. You are always welcome to return to our store with your jewelry after giving it; we are more than happy to make it the correct size for you afterwards.
I'd like to order this beautiful piece, what about its warranty?
Every watch you buy in our store, has a warranty of 2 years: your receipt functions as your warranty. For the exact policy, please view our Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
I think I've made my choice, how can I pay?
Our methods of payment are:
- Creditcard (MasterCard, Visa & American Express)
- Pick up order and pay in our store in Amsterdam
- Pay in advance through bank transfer
- SofortBanking / DIRECTebanking
Unfortunately, I cannot visit your store, so I'd like to order something and have it shipped to me. What are the shipping costs?
Standard delivery within the Netherlands are € 6,-, or € 3,50,- for uninsured envelope mail. All of our orders are sent through registered mail. Delivery is free for orders within the Netherlands from € 100,- and up.
For delivery outside the Netherlands, shipping costs may vary, your shopping cart will show the correct price when your country is filled out in the address form. Delivery is free for orders outside the Netherlands from € 250,- and up.
I've seen videos on YouTube of parcel delivery gone wrong. Will my order arrive safely?
The parcel companies we work with have ensured us that our parcels are delivered with extreme care. Alongside this, we always make sure that everything we send, is wrapped up safe and secure.
Help! I might be a bit late with ordering this birthday/wedding/anniversary/graduation/surprise gift. How long do I have to wait for my order?
All of our items we have in stock, are sent within 24hr after payment. Please keep in mind that Dutch postal services only deliver from Tuesday - Saturday. Our store however, is opened on Sundays (13:00 - 16:00), so don't hestitate to hop in for some last-minute gift advice.
I don't live in the Netherlands, how long will it take for my order to reach me?
You'll find a table will estimated delivery times per location below. We always include a track & trace code with your order. With this, you can view the exact delivery time as soon as it is known.
1 working day
1 working day
2 working days
3-6 working days
4-7 working days
4-7 working days
3-6 working days
3-6 working days
4-7 working days
United States of America:
4-7 working days
6-9 working days
Could you gift wrap my order, and what are the costs for this?
We sure can. Or to be honest, we already gift wrap all of our orders anyhow, so gift wrapping is free.
I'd like to order two products, can these be wrapped separately?
Of course. Please let us know in the comment-section of your order (you will find it at "Miscellaneous details", below the address form)
But then how will I know which gift is which?
At Bofb, jewellery, watches & design, our goal is to make your shopping experience safe, convenient and worry-free. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority and we make every effort to ensure that you receive quality products with quality service.
1. bofb.nl is a trading name of Bofb, jewellery, watches & design V.O.F. registered in The Netherlands. This website is intended for on-line shopping and access to this website is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. Any order form signed by the customer by an "approval click" shall constitute an irrevocable commitment which can only be challenged in the cases restrictively listed in this agreement in section 10 "return policy" and section 11 "cancel orders". 3. You may not copy, reproduce, publish or distribute any information without the consent of bofb.nl.
4. While every care and attention has been taken to ensure that the contents of this website is accurate and up to date, the information is provided "as is" and to the extent permitted by law, Bofb, jewellery, watches & design disclaims all liability and excludes all express and implied warranties in respect of:
a) Any inaccuracy, errors or omissions in any of the information on this website.
b) Any implied warranty as to merchantability or fitness for purpose.
c) Any decision made or action taken in reliance on or as a result of the information on this website.
d) Any delay to, interruption to or non-availability of the provisions of this website regardless of how it is caused.
5. bofb.nl shall not be liable for any losses or damage of any nature, whether in contract or tort or otherwise, arising from the use of the information on this website.
6. This Agreement is governed by the Dutch law, for both the substantive and procedural rules. The parties agree that in the event of a dispute arising under or in connection with this agreement following or in application of this agreement, and if no amicable settlements were reached, the the competent jurisdiction will be the courts of the registered office of bofb.nl notwithstanding the case of plurality of defendants, or emergency procedure. If any provisions shall be deemed unlawful or unenforceable then those provisions shall be sever able and shall not effect the enforceability of any other provisions. If you access this website from any other location you accept responsibility for compliance with local laws.
7. All our prices are in Euro and depending on your IP address with or without sales tax or shipping costs. If the price includes sales tax it is mentioned next to the price. You will be charged in Euro. For deliveries outside the EEC it is possible that the customer will have to pay for customs duties or VAT or any other taxes due to the import of products in the country of delivery (in most cases there are no extra charges). The customer is also solely responsible for the formalities related thereto unless otherwise specified, and is solely responsible for checking whether the products ordered can be imported under domestic law in the country of delivery.
8. At this moment you can pay with: Visa (set,ssl), Eurocard (set,ssl), Mastercard (set,ssl), American Express and Paypal. We also accept bank transfers and money orders, please contact us for details. All the customers data we collect is protected against unauthorized access and will only be used to contact you and won't be sold or trade. Jewellery that will be specially manufactured for you is non refundable
9. bofb.nl reserves the right to refuse any order for any reason whatsoever, in particular for any problem of products procurement or any problem concerning the received order. Conventional credit card payments from countries with a high rate of fraud and when fraud is suspected can be refused. In these cases other methods of payments will be accepted such as bank transfers and all set methods.
10. Return Policy - Products must be returned within 30 days of the invoice date for a refund replacement. Before returning any item, you must contact us via e-mail within 30 days of your invoice date. No returns, of any type, will be accepted without prior contact. Defective items may be returned for a same-item exchange only. All products (unless noted on our site) are sold with the manufacturer's warranty. The warranty period and service varies by manufacturer and product. In order to receive full credit, your purchase must be returned with pre-paid shipping . All items must be in "as new "condition and original packaging and with all warranty cards, manuals and accessories. Any discrepancies may result in a delay or partial forfeiture of your credit. There will be a 10 Euro re boxing fee for products returned in a damaged box. Your credit will be transferred within 14 days after receiving your items. Shipping cost will not be refunded by us. All cost for return shipment are the responsibility of the customer.
11. You may cancel orders within 8 business days at no cost. If however, the product is already shipped or specially ordered and can't be cancelled the return policy applies.
12. Our goal is to provide you with excellent customer service. Most orders are processed and shipped within one business day after they are placed, (with the exeption of special custom made jewellery)unless we give a different time frame for a specific item. However, due to factors such as unexpectedly high demand for a product, vendor availability or delivery delay, we occasionally may not be able to ship an order within this time frame. We will notify you promptly if there is a delay or if we need to cancel your order.
13. Bofb, jewellery, watches & design reserves its right to claim the return of the ordered products in case of non payment. Under those circumstances, and upon Bofb, jewellery, watches & design's request, the customer shall return any product for which the payment has not occurred. The customer shall pay for any costs in connection therewith.
14. If a shipment is lost we will start an investigation to trace the parcel. Depending on the country it can take some time. If we receive confirmation from the shipper that the parcel couldn't be traced, the goods will be replaced without any extra charge to you. If a parcel arrives damaged, open the parcel in the shippers presence. If the shipper refuses to wait always let it be noted on the freight papers that the parcel arrived damaged. If you can already see that the contents is damaged refuse the parcel. If you detect the damage after signing for receiving the parcel contact the shipper as soon as possible to file a report. If you don't file a report immediately the shipper will refuse to accept the claim. Without this report we can't accept your claim. After receiving the report from the shipper we will either send you a replacement or a spare part for the damaged piece. The customer is responsible for replacing the part.
Bofb -Jewelry, watches & design is affiliated with the Dutch Association of Gold and Silversmiths (VGZ). The Association Gold and Silversmiths ( Vereniging goud- en zilversmeden)(VGZ) is an active association for the Dutch gold and silversmiths. The Association is a trade association that is affiliated with the Federation of Gold and Silver( Frederatie Goud en Zilver) the umbrella organization for entrepreneurs in the gold, silver, and precious stones and watches industry. VGZ also guarantees the quality of the industry through the establishment of a specialized and independent complaints commission.
The official website for Online Dispute Resolution is managed by the European Commission and is dedicated to helping consumers and traders resolve their disputes out-of-court, you can find it here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.